Wed 3 March 7pm-8.30pm
An introductory masterclass on how to livestream performance including what equipment is readily available, what can be purchased easily to livestream from your home computer, phone, indoors or outdoor settings. This masterclass is vital for anyone who wants to know how to set it up, how to upload/download content, how to make it secure and what platforms are compatible. Open to all Teacher-Directors, but places are limited so early booking is recommended.
Recording Theatre for Online Performances
Thu 4 & Wed 10 March 7pm-8.30pm
This is a two-part masterclass exploring practical tips on recording effective online theatre performances including:
- Using easily accessible equipment at home and in school
- Editing apps and how to use them
- How to get creative with green screens, visual manipulation and animation
- Recording and editing individually and in groups
- Location filming
- Sound and lighting
- Security and safeguarding when filming
- How to send large video files for online screening
Both masterclasses will provide information and tips that Teacher-Directors can use with students to record impactful and creative performances to share with others. Great for NT: Connections digital productions, online student showcases, practical assessments and expanding your use of digital theatre methods. It is expected that participants will attend both masterclass sessions. Open to all Teacher-Directors, but places are limited so early booking is recommended.
Performing Live Theatre on Zoom
Thu 11 March 7pm-8.30pm
This masterclass will focus on both the practical set up and fun creative opportunities that live Zoom performance offers to directors and performers, including:
- Zoom functions and set up to specifically enable performance rather than meetings
- How to integrate other software and apps into Zoom to enhance performance and increase performance options
- Live performance options on Zoom – green screen, backgrounds, script reading, performance methods
- Manipulating sound on Zoom
- Mixing live and recorded performance
- Captioning and how to integrate third party apps into Zoom
A great opportunity for Teacher-Directors to explore how to turn Zoom into a creative live performance platform. Open to all Teacher-Directors, but places are limited so early booking is recommended.
Ask the Expert Support Sessions
Thu 1, Wed 14 & Thu 22 April 7pm-8pm
Following the masterclass programme, we are offering Teacher-Directors the opportunity to book onto extra support sessions where our digital experts will be able to answer specific questions and provide additional advice linked to areas covered in the masterclasses that will support you and your work with young people. Open to all Teacher-Directors, but it is expected that you will have attended some of the masterclasses as these sessions will focus on additional support rather than repeat content from the masterclasses.
If you would like to book a place on one of the sessions, please email [email protected]. Groups will be smaller to enable more targeted advice to be given, so book early as places will go fast.
For more information on the Digital Director Teacher Masterclass Programme, please email [email protected]